Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.0 Update 1 and Parallel Composer

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Do you know when an updated version of Parallel Composer 2011 will be released with the updated version of IPP 7.0? Is is possible to download the standalone IPP 7 upd1 and install it on top of the version already in Composer?

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Peter,

Good Question,

Yes, you can download standalone IPP, if you have update release of IPP, if its different from one which you already installed with composer then it will install side-by-side(multiple copies of the library are installed), in the IPP root directory.

Windows: C:\Program Files\Intel\ComposerXE-2011.x.yyy\ipp\

Linux: /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.x.yyy/ipp/

To know which version of IPP you have it with composer, refer to -

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/which-version-of-the-intel-ipp-intel-mkl-and-intel-tbb-libraries-are-included-in-the-intel-composer-bundles/

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Thanks, I'll try that out. Is this the way updates to TBB, IPP, and the C++ compiler are going to be rolled out from now on, or will there be an updated version of Composer also? If there will be a Composer update1, when will it be available? I would like to plan how to deploy updates within my engineering team.

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Peter,

We try to align updates to IPP with updates to Composer (and the compiler). Updates tend to occur about once per quarter, but that is not a strictly definedschedule. In other words, not every update of Composer is guaranteed to include a new update for IPP, but in general that will be the case.

Hope that helps with your scheduling,

Paul
0 Kudos