Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.0 Update2 samples change

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Hi,

I just noticed that the IPP audio-video-codecs samples are now dynamically linking with the MS run-time (/MD where it use to be /MT). Is this a new requirement? I've been using the libraries statically linked against the run-time so before trying to merge the samples into my code, I'd like to make sure there is no problem with static linking.

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Peter,

This is not a requirement. You can link against the Microsoft static or dynamic runtimes, independently of how you link against the IPP library files (i.e., you can mix the link modes).

This can be a little confusing if you are using the Visual Studio GUI to enable IPP. In this case the/MD and /MT options will be used to decide if the IPP libraries should also be linked statically or dynamically. This is a broad assumption made by the Visual Studio GUI-based configurationtool -- you don't have to do it this way-- but the tool assumes that if you link the Microsoft libraries using /MD you also want to link dynamically with the IPP libraries, etc.

There is nothing in the IPP libraries that requires that link dynamically with the Microsoft runtime libraries.

Hope that's clear as mud!

Paul
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
That's great, thanks. I actually noticed that the VS plug-in was making a smart decision as to which version of the IPP run-time to link against. This is a very nice feature which is easy to miss.

Peter
0 Kudos