Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 8.0 problem linking threaded libraries

michaelgirkegirke-so

When compiling using the IPP threaded libraries I receive the linker error message:
“LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'threaded/ippcoremt.lib“
I have installed 'Intel C++ Studio XE 2013 SP1' together with Visual Studio 2010. The installation of the IPP threaded libraries was activated and they are completely present in the specific 'threaded' directory.
On my system the installation path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\ipp\lib\ia32\threaded and C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\ipp\lib\intel64\threaded.
The Visual Studio Library Path settings is: $(ICLibDir);$(LibraryPath);$(IPPLibDir).
$(IPPLibDir) points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\ipp\lib\ia32
So all the paths are set correctly.
The header file 'ippcore.h' contains '#pragma comment( lib, "threaded/ippcoremt" )' what usually binds the correct threaded library 'ippcoremt.lib'

This means that the compiler and/or linker does not handle combined paths correctly inside a '#pragma comment(lib, ).
Does anybody have a solution?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

I had a very similar problem with VS 2010, IPP 7.1 and Windows 7. VS 2010 wasn't able to recognize Windows 7 System Control Variables (IPPROOT, IPP_LIBRARY and IPP_INCLUDE).
But when I set all paths manually in PATH System Control Variable, everything became OK.

Regards,
Roman

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

This problem on the track. the fix is planning to be available into one of the nearest updates. We will update this thread when the fix would be available. thanks.

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Chappelow

Has this been fixed and/or is there a workaround? The same linking problem exists in IPP 8.0u1 when using trying to use the threaded libraries (_IPP_PARALLEL_STATIC).

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

it is MSVC2010 issue: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/596828

You can directly set library path and list of IPP libraries in linking string. We try to implement workaround in the next IPP release.

Pavel

0 Kudos