Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

IPP Function to convert from raw 8-bit RGB to 24-bit full RGB values?

jwmcfar
Beginner
We've got a raw image buffer coming from one of our cameras.
The data is in a raw RGB format. IIRC, this is a pretty standard format where each pixel only picks up one color, and stores that in an 8-bit value.
I believe it's stored in the following pixel order:
RGRGRGRG.... and so on for that row
GBGBGBGB.... and so on for the next row.
Is there an IPP library function that will take theses 8 bit values and automatically expand them to the full 24-bit RGB value?
It'd be something pretty simple to write a function for, but I wanted to make sure I'm not duplicating work.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I'm not completely understood the format. Is it kind of down-sampled image format (As I can see G is twice more than R or B)?

Vladimir

0 Kudos
napoleon9th
Beginner
Maybe the third row is BRBRBRBR...., and then again RGRG..., GBGB..., BRBR..., and so on! ;)

Message Edited by Napoleon9th on 12-20-2005 07:13 PM

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

May be yes may be no. How to look for IPP function if it is not clear what data format?

I'm sure wedon't have special function for every possible format. Probably you can use some combination of IPP functions. Basically, as I can see,you need to split interleaved color channels into planes and after that to interleave them again in RGBRGBRGB order.

Vladimir

Message Edited by vdudnik on 12-20-2005 09:56 AM

0 Kudos
support2
Beginner

BAYER Format ?

As described it seems coherent with one of the four BAYER mosaic format.

#define

PatternOrigin_poGB 0 // Bayer Image starts with a GBGB row

#define

PatternOrigin_poGR 1 // Bayer Image starts with a GRGR row

#define

PatternOrigin_poBG 2 // Bayer Image starts with a BGBG row

#define

PatternOrigin_poRG 3 // Bayer Image starts with a RGRG row

SRSR

0 Kudos