Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP and Cryptography version mis-match

Deepak_Chandan
Beginner

I just updated my OS X education product suite to version 2013, update 5. I then registered and download the crypto library, following the instructions that are provided. But when installing, I get an error that says that IPP was not found. I know that I have installed IPP, and I understand that the version of IPP must match the crypto library. The crypto library version that I was given following my registration is 8.0.0.001. However the latest IPP version that is shown available for download on my account is 2013.5.198. How do I resolve this disparity?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

the installed IPP version you have is 7.1.1 (from composer 2013), while ippCP that you are trying to install is from IPP 8.0 - so components of different major version are incompatible. You should install Crypto package m_ccompxe_crypto_ipp_2013.5.198.dmg that corresponds to IPP version 7.1.1 (198).

regards, Igor

0 Kudos
Deepak_Chandan
Beginner

Hi Igor, version 7.1.1 is listed on my available downloads list, but when I select the link I get an error message that says "You do not have the necessary authority to complete the requested operation". The only link that works for me is for version 8.0. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

I readressed your issue to right people. Guess because of weekend you'll have an answer on Monday only.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Deepak,

Composer with IPP 8.0 will be available after ww36 only. So I recommend to try to register for ippCP from IPP 7.1.1 (or to wait for the next composer update). There may be a flaw in the logic that 7.1.1 is no longer available because 8.0 is available. Let me know if that happens and it is critical.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Deepak,

Your issue has been fixed - see an answer from the installer team:" This is fixed but user who need access to 7.1.1 will need to make new request and receive new e-mail. https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/SecureAutoGen.aspx?productid=1867"

regards, Igor

0 Kudos