Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP median documentation

pschregle10
Beginner
Hi,
the Image Processing Reference Manual for IPP, the median filtering section cites this reference:
[APMF]

Fast Algorithms for Median Filtering, Application Note, Intel Corp. Document number 79835, 2001.

Where can I find this document?

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here is a link to Intel Technology Journal:

www.intel.com/technology/itj/index.htm

Take a look, please.

Best regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Peter,

I found another reference for the document:

http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/ipp/ippi/ippi_backmatter/ippi_biblio.html

but I couldn't find a doc or pdf so far. I tried to "Google"with anexpression "Fast Algorithms for
Median Filtering".

Did you try to "Google" the Internet?

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
pschregle10
Beginner
Hi Sergey,
that's the same reference I was citing.
Of course did I try to google the stuff, but after going through the first 100 hits without success, I decided to post.
I'm not interested in fast median algorithms per se, I'm interested in the ones used in IPP, which apparently this document seems to describe.
Anybody from Intel knowing the answer?
Peter
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I'm not interested in fast median algorithms per se, I'm interested in the ones used in IPP...

I think it could be considered as a proprietary information and the document you're looking forcould be
for Internal Use Only.

If somebody would ask me to release some technical details for some algorithm "X" implemented in
our software product I would tell it is based on a classic implementation and it uses SSE. I think it would
be enough.

Latest version of Intel's IPP supports ~20 different CPUs, or so,and actual implementations of
many algorithmsareoptimized for each CPU. For example,some algorithm "Y" is implemented with SSE2
instructions on CPU "A", and for CPU "B" isimpemented withSSE4.1, etc.

Please try to look at:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/code-downloads/

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
pschregle10
Beginner
These are interesting links, but I could not find what I first asked for initially.
I understand your argumentation, but the document I'm looking for is cited in the official IPP documentation. As such it's something that a reader is led to to learn more. Now you're saying it could be somewhat confidential. If it were like you are saying, then the citation clearly does not belong into the documentation targeted at end users.
In fact I wouldn't have asked the question if the citation wouldn't have been there. But now, since it is there, I want to know.
Best regards
Peter
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here is a link to Intel Technology Journal:

www.intel.com/technology/itj/index.htm

Take a look, please.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos