Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP on Mac and gcc

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi, i noticed that IPP for Mac OS X are available only as part of the compiler suite... does that mean that they can be used with icc only? or, if i buy them along all the suite, i can use them with gcc as well?

thanks for clarification
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel
Quoting - alienpenguin
Hi, i noticed that IPP for Mac OS X are available only as part of the compiler suite... does that mean that they can be used with icc only? or, if i buy them along all the suite, i can use them with gcc as well?

thanks for clarification

Intel IPP works with GCC also. Intel C++ may bring some additional performance improvement.
0 Kudos
alienpenguin
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Intel IPP works with GCC also. Intel C++ may bring some additional performance improvement.

Glad to hear that :)
do you know why on MacOs X then the licensing is different and i have to purchase the compiler in order to have just the libs?

thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Kent_M_Intel
Employee
Quoting - alienpenguin

Glad to hear that :)
do you know why on MacOs X then the licensing is different and i have to purchase the compiler in order to have just the libs?

thanks a lot

IPP used to be offered as a standalone product for MacOS but the sales volume was not high enough to make it cost effective to continue. For all OS versions, most people purchase Compiler Pro because, in addition to Intel IPP and the Intel C++ compiler, it also includes Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) and Intel Threaded Building Blocks (Intel TBB) at a tremendous discount.

By the way, IPP is also compatible with Microsoft's Visual C++ compiler in addition to gcc and the Intel C++ compiler.
0 Kudos