Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

IPP sample (audio-video-codecs) problen

sunnymov
Beginner
hello:
I run the IPP samples according to the article http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-how-do-i-run-the-intel-ipp-samples/ but it turn out mang problems,I use the follow steps,rignt ro not?

first,creating an environment variable;
second,run build32.bat by double click
then the program begin to bulid,but output information tell me that "\core\vm","\io\audio_renders","\io\video_renders" and so on were failed.

Does anyone know the problem,Any help appreciated - sunnymov!
0 Kudos
11 Replies
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - sunnymov
hello:
I run the IPP samples according to the article http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-how-do-i-run-the-intel-ipp-samples/ but it turn out mang problems,I use the follow steps,rignt ro not?

first,creating an environment variable;
second,run build32.bat by double click
then the program begin to bulid,but output information tell me that "corevm","ioaudio_renders","iovideo_renders" and so on were failed.

Does anyone know the problem,Any help appreciated - sunnymov!

What errors are you seeing, and what compiler are you using? You can find more information about the exact errors in the audio-video-codecs_log directory. Also, do you have DirectX installed? It's required for the audio and video renders.
0 Kudos
sunnymov
Beginner
Thanks ,according to what your said,I install the DirectX,and the program now is right.And the simple_player.exe is

created .but how to use the simple_player.exe.I run it in vs2005,there come out a message "NO file to play in

command line" and" Usage: e:w_ipp-samples_p_6.0.0.127ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWin32de
bug_asciisimple_player.exe
[-s(ilent)]
[-b(lind)]
[-n(atural temp)]
[-u(nrendered audio)
[-d(einterlacing)
[-i
[-t
[-p (must be in quotes if it contains gaps)]
[-v
-in the case of -vfwf>]
[-a
-in the case of -afwf]
[-f]
(-l |stream>(must be in quotes if it contains gaps)"
what are parameters mean,thank!
0 Kudos
sunnymov
Beginner
Quoting - pvonkaenel

What errors are you seeing, and what compiler are you using? You can find more information about the exact errors in the audio-video-codecs_log directory. Also, do you have DirectX installed? It's required for the audio and video renders.

Sorry, I forget to see the file readme.htm,I amso careless.Now,I kown it.Thanks
0 Kudos
yosepho
Beginner
Hi,
I'm trying to evaluate the IPP's performance when decding H.264, to compare it with Core AVC running off Nvidia's CUDA. I am running IPP 6.0 and when trying to build the sample programs by running build32.bat, got a consistent line of errors, however I have compiled all the codecs and the three software programs manually without any problems in Visual Studio 2005, however I don't seem to be able to get the programs to run.... I want to decode a .mp4 H.264 file and render it to the screen, any help would be much appreciated.

Joe
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Joe,

You can try "simpleplayer" application:
>simple_player.exe -vdx yourvideo.mp4

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
yosepho
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)
Joe,

You can try "simpleplayer" application:
>simple_player.exe -vdx yourvideo.mp4

Thanks,
Chao

C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.0.0.062ia32ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWi
n32release>simple_player.exe -vdx c:Final_Sequence_480_25.avi
Usage: ????????e????????????????i
[-s(ilent)]
[-b(lind)]
[-n(atural temp)]
[-u(nrendered audio)
[-d(einterlacing)
[-i
[-t
[-p (must be in quotes if it contains gaps)]
[-v
-in the case of -vfwf>]
[-a
-in the case of -afwf]
[-f]
(-l |stream>(must be in quotes if it contains gaps)

What am I doing wrong??
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

It looks that the application prints out invalid character
"Usage: ????????e????????????????"

Can you try to use "ascii" configuration to build the sample code in the VC projects choose
release_ascii, or debug_ascii

Check how it works

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
yosepho
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Y (Intel)

It looks that the application prints out invalid character
"Usage: ????????e????????????????"

Can you try to use "ascii" configuration to build the sample code in the VC projects choose
release_ascii, or debug_ascii

Check how it works

Thanks,
Chao

Chao,
Many thanks for help, the ASCII release does solve that problem, but how do I render the file to the screen??
Whats the differnce between the different -v settings -v??

"C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.0.0.062ia32ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWi
n32release_ascii>simple_player.exe -vdx c:Final_Sequence_480_25.avi

Stream Type : AVI"

Joe

0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - yosepho
Chao,
Many thanks for help, the ASCII release does solve that problem, but how do I render the file to the screen??
Whats the differnce between the different -v settings -v??

"C:Program FilesIntelIPP6.0.0.062ia32ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs_binWi
n32release_ascii>simple_player.exe -vdx c:Final_Sequence_480_25.avi

Stream Type : AVI"

Joe

The -v flag identifies how to render to the screen. Under windows your best bet is -vdx since that will use DirectShow to display.
0 Kudos
yosepho
Beginner
Quoting - pvonkaenel

The -v flag identifies how to render to the screen. Under windows your best bet is -vdx since that will use DirectShow to display.

Many thanks, its working now..
Just out of curiosity what do the other rendering options stand for??

Joe
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
BLT and GDI are readers supported in old sample code. UMC sample code in IPP 6.1 removed these renders:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/blt-and-gdi-render-removed-in-ipp-61-umc-sample-code/

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos