Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Image Geometry Transforms in IPP

Craig1820
Beginner
Hi,
I am doing color conversion and bit block scaling on a video stream. The scaling involves taking an arbitrary rectangle section of the incoming video and up or down scaling it to an arbitrary size.

Can the color conversion functions and image geometry transform functions in IPPoperate onsource video at 1080p, 30fps? I am targeting an Atom Z5xx processor.

Thanks,
Craig
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Intel_Software_Netw1
Hello,

I'm moving this to the Intel Performance Primitives forum, as Intel Software Product Support monitors the forum, and someone will be able to help you.

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos
Craig1820
Beginner
Thanks Aubrey! I'm new to these forums, and I appreciate your help steering me in the right direction!
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi Craig,

I suggest you running the IPP benchmark tools at atom system to check if the performance can meet your requirement. The tools located at \ipp\tools\ia32\perfsys

The following article provides instructions on how to run the tools:
http://software.intel.com/en-use/articles/measure-intel-ipp-function-performance/

It looks that you need to check color conversion functions you want and IPP resize functions ippiResizeSqrPixel

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
Hello Craig,

You might also try testing the performance of some of the sample applications that are provided. In particular, the "audio-video-codecs" samples. Go to the main ipp page (www.intel.com/software/products/ipp) and click the "free code samples" link.

There are three applications within the audio-video-codecs sample which you can use to evaluate the performance of your platform. They may not do exactly what you are trying to do, but they should give you a feel as to whether or not your platform is up to 30fps at 1080p.

Sorry, but it is virtually impossible for us to characterize the performance of all functions on all platforms...

Paul
0 Kudos