Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Image Resizing using DMIP

panky8070
Beginner
Hi ,
Can I use DMIP to resize the image? if so how shud i do?
Regards,
Pankaj
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sridevi_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Pankaj,

As far as I know, you cannot use DMIP to resize the image.Instead you could use Intel IPP Resize function.let me know if this doesnt work for you.

Thanks,
Sridevi.
0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
Hi,

We can't use DMIP for image resizing. I tried that. I derived a node and in overriden "DO" method I used ippiResize but it doesn't give proeper resized image.
0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
There's a clean explanation of this. DMIP as a technology based on re-using of CPU data cache. To do this, DMIP graph compiler prior to execution needs to know the sizes of images going to be processed. Resize changes the image sizes, moreover it changes the sizes during, say, graph execuition. So, graph compiler cannot deduce what destination image size will be. It breaks the initial idea of data cahe control.
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

I've beed using an Image Processing APIfrom Intel'sIPPfor a couple of years, and prior to this API fromImage Processing library( IPL )v2.5.

IPP has ippiResize function.
IPL has iplResize function.

Both functions were used for image processingand none of problems detected.

Also, there is an ippiDemo.exe application in a ..\Demo sub-folder where IPP is installed. It demostrates all features of ippiResize function.

An example of howippiResize functionmagnifies an image in 2.5x is enclosed.ippiResize with Cubic-based interpolation provides best "balance" between resolution and low level of artifacts.

Could you be more specific, please? More detailswould be niceto have regarding your claim "...it doesn't give proper resized image..."

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I
pls check the attached images
0 Kudos