Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6711 Discussions

Installing Crypto Package on Debian with --nonrpm

David_Nicol
Beginner
Having trouble installing the IPP Cryptography package.
We have 6.1 version of the package; l_cproc_crypto_ipp_p_11.1.072_ia32.tgz and we have the latest compiler;l_cproc_p_11.1.073.tgz
However when we try to install on Debian Squeeze we get this;
./install.sh
... all the blurb then ...
ERROR: Unable to locate rpm tool, please add correct location to your PATH and restart installation or use NONRPM mode.
If we try like this we also get an error;
./install.sh --nonrpm
... all the blurb then ...
The Intel Cryptography for Compiler Professional 11.1 IPP for applications running on IA-32 package depends on IPP core package (intel-cproipplibdev072-11.1-1.i486.rpm).
Please make sure this package has been installed and restart installation.
ERROR: Can't detect IPP core package (intel-cproipplibdev072-11.1-1.i486.rpm).
The Intel Cryptography for Compiler Professional 11.1 IPP for applications running on IA-32 package depends on IPP core package (intel-cproipplibdev072-11.1-1.i486.rpm).Please make sure this package has been installed and restart installation.ERROR: Can't detect IPP core package (intel-cproipplibdev072-11.1-1.i486.rpm).
Of course we don't have the RPM version of it installed, it's Debian and it did a non rpm based install of course. Or is it getting confused because we also have 11.0 of the compiler present on the system too?
Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

This problem could be because of version mismatch with IPP main package and crypto package. Even though you have same version of crypto and cpro package, LIB PATh may not be referring to right version. Please verify it.

As you know, the cryptography package is a component of the Intel IPP library. So it asks to install main IPP package first, then cryptography package. Please notes, the version number should be exact same.

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
Scott_M_Intel
Employee
I had a similar problem with version 7.01. My solution was to perform the installation as root from / directory.
All other directories seemed to fail for me.
0 Kudos