Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel IPP crypto support for AES-XTS

Pramodh_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I recently downloaded (purchased) IPP crypto library. Our use case is to do encryption using AES-256 in XTS mode.

Unfortunately I could not find any API for XTS mode. Though API is available for all other modes.

ippsAESEncryptCBC, ippsAESEncryptCTR, ippsAESEncryptOFB etc.

Can someone tell me is there any C API I can use for XTS mode ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Pramodh,

I am afraid that IPP Cryptography does not support XTS mode for AES currently, and the potential for a future support need to be discussed.

Is there anything we can help ?

I am attaching the current support features of IPP Cryptography below.

Thank you.

<Cryptography>

Hashing algorithms: MD5, SH1, SHA224, SHA256, HMAC SHA1, HMAC SHA256

Data Authentication: DAA, DES/TDES, DAA Rijndael, DAA Blowfish, DAA Twofish

Public-key cryptography: RSA, DSA, Diffie-Hellman, Elliptic Curves, Big Number Arithmetic, pseudorandom number generation

< functions >

• Symmetric Cryptography: DES/TDES, Rijndael, AES-CCM, AES-GCM, Blowfish, Twofish, RC5*, ARCFour

• Data Integrity Hash Functions: MD5, SHA, Reed-Solomon

• Data Authentication: Keyed Hash, CMAC, AES-XCBC and DAA

• Public Key: Big Number Arithmetic, Montgomery Reduction Scheme, Pseudorandom Number, Prime Number, RSA, Discrete-Logarithm-Based, Elliptic Curve, Finite Field Arithmetic, Elliptic Curve Points, Tate Pairing

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As we discussed on the primier support, there is a workaround that you follow by AES-TXT description ( IEEE Std 1619-2007 ) .

Just in case that doesn't work with you,

I already filed a official request to include AES-XTS feature in the engineering team's next discussion for the next release.

It will take some time to be actually implemented.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Octavian_S_Intel
Employee

Hello

I am trying to find out some details about Blowfish algorithm in IPP. In this context, I opened a question at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/topic/721626

My issue is that I cannot find Blowfish in IPP 2017. Am I accurate or is it still there? If it was deleted, could you please tell, maybe you know, why it was deleted?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance,

Octavian

0 Kudos