Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Intel IPP crypto support for AES-XTS

Pramodh_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I recently downloaded (purchased) IPP crypto library. Our use case is to do encryption using AES-256 in XTS mode.

Unfortunately I could not find any API for XTS mode. Though API is available for all other modes.

ippsAESEncryptCBC, ippsAESEncryptCTR, ippsAESEncryptOFB etc.

Can someone tell me is there any C API I can use for XTS mode ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Pramodh,

I am afraid that IPP Cryptography does not support XTS mode for AES currently, and the potential for a future support need to be discussed.

Is there anything we can help ?

I am attaching the current support features of IPP Cryptography below.

Thank you.

<Cryptography>

Hashing algorithms: MD5, SH1, SHA224, SHA256, HMAC SHA1, HMAC SHA256

Data Authentication: DAA, DES/TDES, DAA Rijndael, DAA Blowfish, DAA Twofish

Public-key cryptography: RSA, DSA, Diffie-Hellman, Elliptic Curves, Big Number Arithmetic, pseudorandom number generation

< functions >

• Symmetric Cryptography: DES/TDES, Rijndael, AES-CCM, AES-GCM, Blowfish, Twofish, RC5*, ARCFour

• Data Integrity Hash Functions: MD5, SHA, Reed-Solomon

• Data Authentication: Keyed Hash, CMAC, AES-XCBC and DAA

• Public Key: Big Number Arithmetic, Montgomery Reduction Scheme, Pseudorandom Number, Prime Number, RSA, Discrete-Logarithm-Based, Elliptic Curve, Finite Field Arithmetic, Elliptic Curve Points, Tate Pairing

Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As we discussed on the primier support, there is a workaround that you follow by AES-TXT description ( IEEE Std 1619-2007 ) .

Just in case that doesn't work with you,

I already filed a official request to include AES-XTS feature in the engineering team's next discussion for the next release.

It will take some time to be actually implemented.

Thank you.

Octavian_S_Intel
Employee

Hello

I am trying to find out some details about Blowfish algorithm in IPP. In this context, I opened a question at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/topic/721626

My issue is that I cannot find Blowfish in IPP 2017. Am I accurate or is it still there? If it was deleted, could you please tell, maybe you know, why it was deleted?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance,

Octavian