Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel Ipp Usage

kamali_srinivasan

hello,

We are developing an application on WindowsCE 5.0 which requires h.263 codec so we are considering using intel ipp library .We have used the h.263 encoder (linked with IXP ipp library)given along with the ipp samples for our intel pxa27x board and it works fine.We need the decoding to take place on the X86 platform builder emulator.We have developed a h.263 decoder and linked it with Intel IA32 ipp libraries.i would like to know if we can develop applications for the x86 wince platformbuilder emulator using IA32 ipp libraries?wheni run this application developed for emulator and linked with IA32 it says do import failed! cannot load ipps5-2 .dll for our app.please let me know if we can use the intel ipp libraries for use on platform builder emulator and if yes which libraries should we link it to? i would really appreciate if you could help me out.

thankyou

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

You may check the Window CE sample from Intel IPP 5.2 version , it is located in directory .ipp-samplesadvanced-usagewincex86 if you install the IPP 5.2 sample from http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp/samples.htm

This sample demonstrates how to use the Intel IPP libraries (IA32) in the development of applications in the Windows* CE environment.

If you still experience an issue after following the above steps, you may submit an issue directly to Intel Premier Support at https://premier.intel.com so we will look into it.

Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos
kamali_srinivasan

hello,

Thankyou for your reply.Actually we are using intel ipp libraries evaluation version (5.2).i read that only dynamic linkage by linking with the import libraries under IPPROOT /stublib folder is possible with the evaluation version.i went through the test_ipp example code under ippsamples/advanced usage/wincex86 and saw that they are linking with the libraries (ippcorel.lib ippsemerged.lib ippsmerged.lib ippiemerged.lib ippimerged.lib )which are part of the static linkage model and these libraries are not available to us.i would like to know whether dynamic linkage model is supported on wince x86 emulator and if yes how ? or do we need to get the static libraries ippsemerged.lib etc to run the application on x86 wince emulator?

Thankyou

0 Kudos