Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Linking IPP library on a command line

postaquestion
Novice

I am developing software as a part of my research on a Machintosh computer system - an Intel Dual Core Macbook Pro.

How do I link Intel'sIPP library on a command line? I am aware that softwarecan be designed using Xcode, but would prefer to use a simpler approach - write code using text editor, and compile manually.

Any tips would be appreciated - thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Intel_Software_Netw1

I assume youwould like to download some OSX samples, jpegview for example, as it assembles in command line with Makefile (tosee how to link libraries).

For example, linking in gcc works like L${LIBSPATH} ${LIBSPATH}/libippcore.dylib lippi (etc.., for dynamic linking) or L${LIBSPATH} ${LIBSPATH}/libippcore.a lippiemerged -lippimerged (etc.., for static linking). Where ${LIBSPATH} is the path to libraries.

Also you need to add an enviroment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH which points to libraries ( export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Libraries ) ifyou want to link with dynamic and then run an app.

Regards,

Gina B.
Intel Software Network Support
http://www.intel.com/software
email: ISN.support@intel.com

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

0 Kudos