Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel Performance Library in VS 2010

rudy_B_
Beginner

Hi, 

I downloaded, and installed IPP "w_ipp_7.1.1.119_intel6".

First of all, it looks like the directory names are somewhat inconsistent. For example, I downloaded "w_ipp_7.1.1.119_intel64", but my directory structure looks like this:

\ipp\demo\intel64

where I have "ippiDemo.exe" and "ippsDemo.exe", where in fact I was expecting to see something like: "ippsDemo_em64t.exe" !!! (based on the description at file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Intel/Composer%20XE%202013/Documentation/en_US/ipp/get_started.html)

But regardless, when I tried to run "ippsDemo.exe", I was getting dll error, which apparently "\ipp\bin\ippvars.bat" was not getting processed correctly. So, I manually opened up the system environmental veriables, and manually added the following to the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\redist\intel64\ipp;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\redist\intel64\compiler

Now when I run "ippsDemo.exe", it seems to be working

Then, I opened up VS 2010, and manually added to the "lib" and "include" (in the project properties) as listed in the ippvars.bat

But regardless, I cannot see "Intel Performance Libraries" under Configuration Properties inside VS 2010.

I don't know what am I doing wrong.

However, VS 2010 see parts of it, cause under "Tools -> Options -> Intel Composer XE -> Performance Libraries", I can select IPP type to be "Intel(R) Integrated Performance Primitives 7.1.1"

But, it still doesn't work fine, and I believe that I need to see "Intel Performance Libraries" under Configuration Properties inside VS 2010, for this to work properly.

Cause when I run the simple example on page 15 of http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/ipp_sa/71/ipp_userguide_win/ipp_userguide_win.pdf

I get bunch of LNK errors:

Error 1 error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00031C) "extern "C" unsigned __int64 __stdcall ippGetEnabledCpuFeatures(void)" (?ippGetEnabledCpuFeatures@@$$J10YG_KXZ) referenced in function "int __clrcall main(cli::array<class System::String ^ >^)" (?main@@$$HYMHP$01AP$AAVString@System@@@Z) C:\Program Files\libcurl\VisualStudio\intel_ipp_test\intel_ipp_test\intel_ipp_test.obj

Error 2 error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00031F) "extern "C" struct IppLibraryVersion const * __stdcall ippiGetLibVersion(void)" (?ippiGetLibVersion@@$$J10YGPBUIppLibraryVersion@@XZ) referenced in function "int __clrcall main(cli::array<class System::String ^ >^)" (?main@@$$HYMHP$01AP$AAVString@System@@@Z) C:\Program Files\libcurl\VisualStudio\intel_ipp_test\intel_ipp_test\intel_ipp_test.obj

What am I doing wrong? Please advise,

--Rudy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...example on page 15 of http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/ipp_sa/71/... >> >>I get bunch of LNK errors: >> >>Error 1 error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00031C) "extern "C" unsigned __int64 __stdcall >>ippGetEnabledCpuFeatures(void)" You need to specify an import or static library for the linker and take a look at Linking your application with Intel® IPP section ( mentioned on page 16 ).
0 Kudos
rudy_B_
Beginner

Sure, I understand. But even there it says:

1. Start Microsoft* Visual Studio and create an empty C++ project.
2. Add a new c file and paste the code into it.
3. Go to Project Properties dialog box. If Intel IPP integration is installed properly, you should see the Intel Performance Libraries section. Choose one of the options as shown on the screen shot below.

But I don't see "Project Properties --> Configuration Properties --> Intel Performance Libraries" !!!

And I was wondeirng what do I do to see this option? 

0 Kudos
rudy_B_
Beginner

Nevermind, 

I sloved it.

I cannot  just go VS 2010 and creat a new progrm, and hope to she IPP Library there !!!

I had to Oepn VS 2010 from the following link:

"All programs" --> "Interl Parallel Studio XE 2013" --> "Parallel Studio XE 2013 With VS2010"

Now when I created a new project there, I saw that IPP is availble @ "Project Properties --> Configuration Properties --> Intel Performance Libraries"

--Rudy

0 Kudos