Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Intel(R)IPP version 4.1 is now available!

Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) version 4.1 is now available for download from Intel Premier Support. Version 4.1 of Intel IPP adds new support for Intel Xeon processors with Intel Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T), as well as new expanded functions in H.264 video, AMB WB and G.722/G.729 speech codecs and new camera image functions to support for Intel Quick Capture Technology on Intel Personal Internet Client Architecture (Intel PCA). Furthermore, new updated and extensive array of code samples are provided to help your software development.

Please visit URL http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp for details.

Sincerely
Intel Corp.

Message Edited by ysong on 09-21-2004 08:41 AM

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ids-removed222
Beginner
good news !
I found that many fucntionswere absent in IPP4.0 , i.e. ippiAddWeighted etc.
we can find the responding function declaration in header file , but can notfind in the dll file .
what is the reason ? bugs ? or becauseit isfree version ?
Hope you give me answers!
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
there is no functionality limitation in evaluation version of IPP. Probably the reason is you are looking in the wrong DLL. If you are looking for ippiAddWeighted functions famility you should look in ippCV domain, because it is Computer Vision related functionality.
Your feedback about good and bad things in newest IPP version is very appreciated. It helps us to continuously improve our product and to deliver you (and all our customers) new functionality and so on.
So, you are welcome:)
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
ben2
Beginner
Hello, I have tried to get a free license to test it, and when i fill the questionary it gives me the 999 unknow error.
What can i do?
Thanks
Regards. Ben
0 Kudos
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee
Hi Ben,
This is just a time out error, which is usually resolved when you try to download again. If you haven't already done so, can you download again and post the results if you still have trouble?
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
--Amanda
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Dear Customer,
Could youtell us which version of IPP you are using? Could you also double check if you are loading the right version of IPP to run this demo?
If you still experience this problem in IPP 4.1, please submit a detailed report to Intel Premier Support at https://premier.intel.com .

Thanks,
Ying S
Intel IPP
0 Kudos
yevgbeid
Beginner
Hello !
Would you please specify what exactly new in Intel Xeon support in 4.1 version(relative to 4.0 version).
Thanks a lot .
Jack
0 Kudos
eurotomania
Beginner
Hi,
I downloaded the evaluation version of IPP4.1 yesterday and began to use it and I got a similar error :
"The procedure entry point ofippiYUV420ToBGR_8u_P3C3R could not be located in ippi20.dll". What is the reason of that?
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
The Intel IPP 4.1 provide new support for Intel Xeon processors with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T).

Please check "What's new" at
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
You may need to check your system to see if you have old version of IPP installed, especially in the directory system. Make sure you are not loading the older version of IPP Dll to run this demo..

I just checked this demo and it ran just fine.

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos
michaeldunemedicalco
hello since i cant login i try to reply
i want to copy 4 matrices to one
a= [ 1 2
3 4]
b= [56
7 8]
c= [ 11
1 1]
d= [2 2
2 2]
i want matrix =
[ 1 2 5 6
3 4 7 8
1 1 2 2
1 1 2 2]
it is double type
please help
0 Kudos
kschwerdt
Beginner
Hello,

Sorry if this message appears twice, but I posted it once and couldn't find it in the message listing...

We've been trying to install opencv 0.9.6.
No problem so far, except that we bought Intel's IPP library, and we
would like to have OpenCV use this library without modyfying our code.

Is there a switch (#define xxxx or s.th. like that) to make use of the
IPP library when building opencv (or our application)?

I can link the appropriate IPP libraries, but I figure that at some
point I need to tell opencv at compile time that it is supposed to use
the IPP functions rather than its own functions.

Thank you in advance for you answer,
KS
0 Kudos