Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Ipp 6 on Atom

iceman_razor
Beginner

Hi,

Can I use Ipp 5.3.3.082 on Intel Atom N270 ? Since Atom is full compatible with x86 instruction set, meaning it can run directly PC software and operating systems. Which processor-specific DLLs are loaded when using Ipp on Atom - w7 /t7 ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

yes, it is possible to use IPP 5.3 on Intel Atom processor (w7 code will be dispatched). But we would recommend to use IPP 6.0 which contains Atom specific optimization (s8/n8 cpu-specific libraries) which was found to work significantly faster, especially for functions processing Ipp64f data type.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
iceman_razor
Beginner
Do I need to install Ipp6 on the target device (in my case acer aspire one AOA 110) for running a computer vision app I developed on my development workstation using Ipp 5 ? The Ipp 6 installation is close to 1 Gb !!

Are there any performance benchmark tools specifically for Atom ( for example to evaluate HT enable/disable effects ) in Ipp 6 that I can run on the target device ?

Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik

Hello,

yes, it is possible to use IPP 5.3 on Intel Atom processor (w7 code will be dispatched). But we would recommend to use IPP 6.0 which contains Atom specific optimization (s8/n8 cpu-specific libraries) which was found to work significantly faster, especially for functions processing Ipp64f data type.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Of course you are not required to install 1Gb package to your target device. But you will need to install it on your development system. If I'm not mistaken, IPP installation has some customization features so you may decide which components to install at run time (for example, to install only static libraries).
You will find precompiled IPP performance system executables and reference performance data after installation in IPPtoolsperfsys folder.
Vladimir

0 Kudos