Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Is Ipp6.1 the newest Version

qianqianzhutianfang
I want get the newest Version of intel IPP, now I have the Ver6.1,but I don't know if this is the newest?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello, the latest version is IPP 6.1 update 1.

We would be glad to hear your feedback on it. Do you have any issues with IPP 6.1? What kind of application do you work on? Does it satisfy your performance and functionality needs?

Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

We would be glad to hear your feedback on it. Do you have any issues with IPP 6.1? What kind of application do you work on? Does it satisfy your performance and functionality needs?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
qianqianzhutianfang

Regards,
Vladimir
thanks your aply, About IPP 6.1, I use it at compress and decompress Image. the speed at compress is Very satisfactory, faster than ijl15 . the interface can be used simply, and the perform Efficiency is powerful.

butdecompress speed is slower than ijl15,the isuehadProposed by some people , I don't know if it be solved?

Where can Iget ipp6.1 function interface user manual?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

The decompress speed in the previous product IJL was achieved by compromise at robustness and accuracy criteria. Moving forward we decided to pay the cost of some performance degradation for getting many new features and provide robust and accurate codec. We also try to compensate this performance degradation by implementing threading in the codec which is not available in IJL at all. Having 4 or more threads available in modern systems you can allocate two for JPEG decoding, this will leave enough resourcesto use the rest of threads in your application for other needs.

What kind of documentation you are asking for? IPP documentation should be available with install package.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
qianqianzhutianfang

The decompress speed in the previous product IJL was achieved by compromise at robustness and accuracy criteria. Moving forward we decided to pay the cost of some performance degradation for getting many new features and provide robust and accurate codec. We also try to compensate this performance degradation by implementing threading in the codec which is not available in IJL at all. Having 4 or more threads available in modern systems you can allocate two for JPEG decoding, this will leave enough resourcesto use the rest of threads in your application for other needs.

What kind of documentation you are asking for? IPP documentation should be available with install package.

Regards,
Vladimir
Do you mean that if I have aQuad-core CPU, thespeed will be faster. In Jpeg decoding , It costs two threads or more , which leadsconsuming much time.

I want a documentation about all function of IPP, thedocumentation in install package only few functions ,do you decide to update it ?

The Ipp Which I download is a tiral one, the Validity is only 30 days. how can I get an Permanent Version?
0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Do you mean that if I have aQuad-core CPU, thespeed will be faster. In Jpeg decoding , It costs two threads or more , which leadsconsuming much time.

I want a documentation about all function of IPP, thedocumentation in install package only few functions ,do you decide to update it ?

The Ipp Which I download is a tiral one, the Validity is only 30 days. how can I get an Permanent Version?

It probably will.

All IPP document can be found online: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-documentation/

Thanks for your interest to consider Permanent version. Once you purchase the Intel IPP libraires, then you can get use this specific version without any expiration. You can go to our IPP product web siteand click "BUY" button and you willsee allsoftwareproducts where IPPisincluded..http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-purchase/

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp
0 Kudos
qianqianzhutianfang
Quoting - Ying S (Intel)

It probably will.

All IPP document can be found online: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-documentation/

Thanks for your interest to consider Permanent version. Once you purchase the Intel IPP libraires, then you can get use this specific version without any expiration. You can go to our IPP product web siteand click "BUY" button and you willsee allsoftwareproducts where IPPisincluded..http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-purchase/

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp

Thanks for your help, I try to use ijl20 onQuad-core CPU(Q6600), but found it didn't faster than ijl15 either, do you know what's wrong?
0 Kudos
qianqianzhutianfang
Quoting - Ying S (Intel)

It probably will.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
Ying S
Intel Corp
In "Intel IPP 6.1 update 1 is available now.", I found it have some new features , and I want to know if it canmake JPEG decode faster than ijl15? or is equal to ijl15? ?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Thanks for your help, I try to use ijl20 onQuad-core CPU(Q6600), but found it didn't faster than ijl15 either, do you know what's wrong?

IPP is focusing on UIC sample code for JPEG decoding. Maybe this is the sample you can try. It also includes the threading feature support for multicore.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos