Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Is there Intel's GUI-based video player?

chojny
Beginner
Hello,

I was using IPP almost one year ago and I'm almost sure that I was using some Intel's GUI-based video player (MFC source code) based on IPP video codecs. But I forgot its name. I don't know even IPP version.

I can't find it in the latest IPP and media sample. I know that there's a command-line simple_player, but I made myself familiar with this GUI application.

Was there in some old version such a GUI-based player?
Maybe it was some "external" application. Ahhh, my bad memory...:)

Thanks for any help.
Best Regards.
chojny
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

there was IPP GUI MPEG4 player sample in IPP 3.0 .. IPP 4.1 time frame. It was developed for Windows only and was able to playback AVI streams with MPEG4 (no audio rendering wassupported).

Starting from IPP 5.0 it was replaced with cross-platform UMC sample which supports audio-video sync playback for AVI, MPEG PS/TS,ISO and raw video streams(simple_player).

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
chojny
Beginner
Hello,

thank you very much for answer.

Is that old MPEG4 player available somewhere? What was its name?
I had old IPP 4.0 but not old samples. Where can I download it from?

I don't want to work with old IPP architecture but I'd like to refresh my memory (applying for a job).

Regards,
chojny
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Chojny,

we do not provide old version of samples or libraries. The sample executable had name mp4decoder, its the last package name (in IPP 4.1) was "w_ipp-sample-video_pu_4.1.008.zip".

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
chojny
Beginner
Thank you!!
This old mp4decoder is just what I was looking for.

Best regards,
chojny
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

With ourcompany policy we do not distribute previous versions of product. You need to find some other way tofind the sample code from product released several years in the past.

Vladimir

0 Kudos