Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

J2K decoding image with sampling other then 1,1

Aris_Basic
New Contributor I
i think i have an issue with decoding image with sampling other then 1,1
because of lack of IPP support for incremental precinct streming im sending samller fully qualified images
from my server to client untill full image has been sent. the library that I currently use on server, just extracts
compressed data out of the source image (without re-compression) and sends it to server.
in the sample im attaching source image is2868x3460 and image received is 90x109.
UIC j2k codec on decoding forces sampling of 1,1 even though in this case sampling is 32,32 (or close to it)
this generates a2868x3460 image with only top left portion of size 90x109 containgin usefull data.
viewers support j2k decode this image into an 90x109 image.
question is is this intended ? (looks like waste of memory and unneccessery, however trying to se source sampling makes codec crash) or is it a bug ?
i would assume correct behaviour would be to produce 90x109 or to resize that 90x109 to the full image size of2868x3460 , but not what im currently getting.
Thx
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

We will ask our expert to have a comment on this problem. Is this happening with IPP 7.0, or 6.x?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Aris_Basic
New Contributor I
both.
0 Kudos
Mikhail_Kulikov__Int
New Contributor I

Hi all,
yes, it's really unexpected behaviour, we will try to correct it by keeping picture 90x109 size with appropriate memory allocation in the nearest release. In case code patch would be small it will be placed here ASAP.

Regards,
Mikhail

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

could you have a check with IPP 7.0.3? we expected this problem is fixed. Please let us know how it works for you?

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos