Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

JPEG Codec for MJPEG Encoder

Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Hello,
I'm looking to implement an MJPEG encoder using the IPP samples since, as I understand it, no MJPEG encoder is include as part of the UMC sample. However, I see that there is a core JPEG codec wrapper in both UMC (in the audio-video-codec samples) and UIC (in the image-codec samples). What is the difference between these two implementations? What are the implications of using one over the other?
Thank you,
Scott
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Scott,

actually these two high level interfaces (UMC and UIC) are based onthe sameC++ core IPP JPEG implementation. In the previous IPP versions this core JPEG codec was available in JPEGView sample which in IPP 7.0 was put to legacy samples and we do not support or extend it anymore. Instead, we put effort in advancing and improving JPEG implementation in UIC framework, so you might be interested to look at that first. Could you please describe what kind of application you are working on and why do you think MJPEG is better fit your needs comparing the newest video codecs, like H.264?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Scott_Danahy
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm hesitant todivulgedetails about this project on a public forum, so is there any way for me to reply to you privately? I will gladly repost any IPP related insights from our privateconversation here for the benefit of all.
Scott
0 Kudos