Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Super Sampling with square pixels?

paullumidium_com
Beginner

Hi

I am revisiting an old project written with ippi 4.

I want to reduce large images using SuperSample. I also want to keep the scaling in both directions identical. I think I want to use.

ResizeSqrPixel

In the docs there is an interpolation mode called,

IPPI_INTER_CUBIC2P_SUPER

but this is missing from the header files. Is this an oversight? what is the correct value of IPPI_INTER_CUBIC2P_SUPER. Is this mode to be supported in ResizeSqrPixel into the future?

I cannot use SuperSampling as a substitute as it is roi based instead of scale value based. The effect of pixel rounding in this way would cause artefacts given the way I am using the images.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi,

By mistake we have added this mode (IPPI_INTER_CUBIC2P_SUPER - supersampling interpolation) into the Manual, corrected in the upcoming release of IPP. It means we have removed it from the ippiman.pdf.

Thanks,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos
paullumidium_com
Beginner

Hi Naveen,

Does this mean that you have removed the capacity to resize images using Super Sampling with identical scaling in the x and y directions? This is possible with the depricated Resize but not with the new SuperSample function.

To remove this feature would be a reduction in the capabilities of the library. If you are doing this please rethink as my use of ippi depends on it.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Paul,

No, there is Super Sampling method for the functions ippiResize, ippiResizeSqrPixel and ippiSuperSampling

IPPI_INTER_CUBIC2P_SUPER was an erratum

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos