Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Jpeg UIC IPP eval

pas059
Beginner
Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate uic codec.Starting from the samples, i succed to compile a test program; but this program crashes when it is launched, because some dlls are not present. The demo program picnic does the same, telling that tbb.dll is not found; indeed, i did not installed it. 'uic_transcoder_con' also crashes telling that libiomp5md.dll is not found.

Is it absolutely necessary to buy tbb.dll for use UIC codecs?
What have i forgotten?

thanks in advance
Pascal
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

You can download the evaluation version of TBB, and purchuse from here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-tbb/

libiomp5md.dll is in the Intel IPP installation package ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-\redist\ia32\compiler folder).

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
pas059
Beginner
Hi,

i found and installed it.

but then picnic and uic_transcoder_con request libmmd.dll..... i found and installed one and then.........

Pascal
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
The best way to solve that is to download and install Intel Compiler redistributable. If I am not mistaken, that download is free.

However, please bear in mind that UIC relies on IPP library so even though its source code is available, you probably cannot use it for commercial purposes without having a license for IPP (and IPP DLLs installed). You can obtain the license by purchasing IPP or Intel Compiler or Parallel Composer.
0 Kudos
pas059
Beginner
Hi Igor,

exact, using UIC implies to have a license for IPP. That's not the problem.
i will find Intel Compiler redistributable and try it.
regards,
Pascal
0 Kudos
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascal,

I hope you are able to run 'uic_transcoder_con' and picnic successfully.

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos