Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Jpeg2000 Encoding and Decoding for winCE

zijia15
Beginner

Hi all,

i would like to compress bitmap images to jpeg2000 in winCE. Can someone advise me on how to go about doing it using IPP ? i am currently using ipp 5.1. Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

lei

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

you can take a look on our JPEG2000 sample, which demonstrate how to implement JPEG2000 codec with IPP functions. Sample's build scripts do not support WinCE, but I hope you can port it for your needs.

By the way, are you talking about IA32 based system or about Xscale based system?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
zijia15
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for your replies. I am talking about Xscale based system.

Regards

0 Kudos
zijia15
Beginner

Any kind souls has done this care to share your experiences ?

Also, is there any way to implement ippiConvert_8u32f_C1R in Xscale or any way to replace it ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

it seems you use old version of IPP JPEG2000 sample. From IPP 5.1 we do not use ippiConvert_8u32f_C1R function in JPEG2000 sample. Please update with the latest version of sample (which is from IPP 5.1.1). Note, you need to define XSCALE macro in order to exclude IPP functions, which are not supported on Xscale (mostly those which works with Ipp64f and Ipp32f data types)

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos