Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MP3 encoder truncating last part of audio

george_miller
Beginner
Iam converting a g711 audio stream to MP3.During the encoding, i lose the last part of the audio stream. As normal, upon passing the last of the PCM audio to the encoder, i am returned UMC_ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_DATA. since i do not have any more data to pass, is it possible that there would be any MP3 data still left to pass back to me? if so, how would i get this data.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hi Jeorge, what IPP version you are using?

0 Kudos
george_miller
Beginner

Hi Jeorge, what IPP version you are using?

Gennady:
v5.3.3.075. i have 6.0.0.063 available, but i havent tried it yet.
thanks
george
0 Kudos
Pavel_K_Intel
Employee
Hi George,

Starting from IPP 6.0, mp3 encoder supports special last frame processing. After passing last of the PCM data to encoder, need to call GetFrame with NULL input. That means the end of stream for encoder and it will return buffered output data if exists.

Regards,
Pavel
0 Kudos
george_miller
Beginner
Quoting - pskoval
Hi George,

Starting from IPP 6.0, mp3 encoder supports special last frame processing. After passing last of the PCM data to encoder, need to call GetFrame with NULL input. That means the end of stream for encoder and it will return buffered output data if exists.

Regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
george_miller
Beginner
Quoting - pskoval
Hi George,

Regards,
Pavel

Pavel:
thanks for the reply. i had already checked out the documentation for this problem, thinking that that would be a good solution. The doc did not say anything about this and so i just entered this post. what i will do is go back into the source and see if i see it there. i will reply after i have checked that out.

thanks again

george

0 Kudos
george_miller
Beginner
Quoting - pskoval
Hi George,

Regards,
Pavel

pavel:
i looked at the code and it looks like if you send a null MediaData in or the in DataPointer is null, then you get any data that is available. thanks for the help. it would have been nice for the doc to be updated, but icould have just looked at the code earlier.
george
0 Kudos