Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG-2 Sample Encoder Scene Analyzer

Ray_Gray
Beginner
IPP v. 6.1 release notes state "New video coding areas improvement including Scene Analyzer in MPEG-2 ...". I guess that #define UMC_ENABLE_SCENE_ANALYZER_M2(in "umc_mpeg2_enc.h") controls this feature. However, it seems like the "umc_scene_analyzer_me.h" file is missing and the encoder can't be compiled with UMC_ENABLE_SCENE_ANALYZER_M2.

Ray
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Ray

Thank you for your reports. Right, the file umc_scene_analyzer_me.hseems bemissing in current version. We will investigate this and get back to you soon.

Thanks

Ying

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Ray,

I'm glad to notify you that IPP 7.0.3 files are now ready for release.Themissing file should beadded in the version. You are welcomed to try it.

With IPP main install package, please download it via http://registrationcenter.intel.com
andassociative sample can be getfrom theretoo. or clickw_ipp-samples_p_7.0.3.050.zip

Please note SceneAnalyzer still tuned off by default. To enable you need to uncomment line 25 in umc_mpeg2_enc.h file:
// #define UMC_ENABLE_SCENE_ANALYZER_M2

Regards,
Ying H.

0 Kudos