Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

MPEG-4 Decoder problem

primarypower
Beginner

Hello,

Im writting an application that decodes MPEG-4 live video from IP Cameras.

Im using the MPEG4VideoDecoder class provided with IPP 5.1 media samples and using the UMC interface.

I actually have sucessfully decoded a video stream from the camera, but Im having a little problem. The video resolution can be changed on the camera during a video session, and the resolution of the video that Im decoding will change as a result of that, but when this occurs than the decoder will not decode the images correctly.

Im not using the AVSplitter, Im actually decoding all manually, providing input MediaData manually and decoding to VideoData and rendering the RGB24 decoded data manually to the screen

The problem I think is that the ColorConvertion params should be initializated with a source and destination size of the video, but during the decoding process the video resolution can have been changed, and how can I know if the resolution has been changed?

There is any routine that I can receive a feedback from the decoder where it actually says to me what is the Width and Height of the decoded image? If I get this information than I can reinitialize the decoder with the new parameters and decode the new resolution video.

Thanks!

ric Fleming Bonilha

0 Kudos
3 Replies
soussou
Beginner

hello

I would compile a decoder mpeg4 and than optimized it but I haven't the source code of mpeg4(it is better to me to have a document which help me to understand the code ....)??

and How to compile the MPEG4 decoder?

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

you said you use UMC sample from IPP 5.1, that most should mean you were able to compile it and even to adopt the code to your specific application, isn't it?

By the way, I would recommend you to update to the latest version, which at the moment is IPP 5.3 update 2.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
assoum
Beginner

I would write an application that decodes MPEG-4 live video from IP Cameras(decode mpeg4).

I don't inderstand how the input of the decoder mpeg4 is manipulated to obtain the medidata type?

so I would knowwhere is stocket the information, the size of the buffer, what type of data support?

0 Kudos