Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

MPEG4 encoder video_object_type_indication wrong initialization

selea
Beginner
Hi all, I recently found that in the function

Ipp32s ippVideoEncoderMPEG4::Init(mp4_Param *par)
called during the initialization of the MPEG4 encoder there's this line
VOL.video_object_type_indication = 0; //MP4_VIDEO_OBJECT_TYPE_SIMPLE;
this cause the function "EncodeVOL_Header" to put in the MPEG4 header the field "video_object_type_indication" to 0 that is (Reserved). A correct value could be for example theMP4_VIDEO_OBJECT_TYPE_SIMPLE( value is 1) that is commented out.
The problem is that I found no way to change this parameter from the outside, I have to change the source code.
The value 0 cause some rtsp player (like QuickTime) to fail decoding the video stream: this happen because the config string is sent to the client in the rtsp negotiation and if I send the config string generated by the MPEG4 endcoder withvideo_object_type_indication = 0 QuickTime fail to decode.
why there is this line "VOL.video_object_type_indication = 0; //MP4_VIDEO_OBJECT_TYPE_SIMPLE;" ??
how can I change thevideo_object_type_indication from outside?
thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
selea
Beginner
If I use VLC player to decode a MPEG4 stream encoded withvideo_object_type_indication = 0 the debug console warn me that the stream is probably decoded with an older version of divx or xvid
0 Kudos
selea
Beginner
Do you think ther's a way to change it without hard coding on the source?
0 Kudos