Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Memory leak?

postaquestion
Novice

I downloaded the IPP Eval Library and the Image Processing Library sample. The "Image Processing Library (the sample)" written on top of IPP has the needed function for me. I am writing unsafe code in C#.NET which interacts with the ipl.dll to do the Image Processing.

I am able to get the image pixel values from the .NET's image class, and I am able to construct the "IplImage" structure. I am also able to do all the Image processing (like applying Brightness, Contrast...) But when I try to display the Image, the memory consumption is very high.

When going through the source code given by Intel, I found that the memory occupation is very high when the Function UpdateImageComponents in DJP2BOXCODESTREAM.H is called.

Has anyone gone through asimilar error? If so, how could I overcome this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello, seems you mix several IPP samples together? For example, DJP2BOXCODESTREAM.H file is from JPEG2000 sample. It is not clear if you correctly did that mixture, but usually yes, jpeg2000 requires many memory but it also successfully free that memory at the end, so there should not be any memory leakages.

Vladimir

0 Kudos
inzinpro
Beginner
Hi,
Could please tell me if there is any specific APi that wud clear the memory used by IPP?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Do you mean ippFree() function?

Vladimir

0 Kudos