Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Newbie Question - how to call IPP functions

Derek_Woodman
Beginner
I am new the the IPP. I have the compiler and everything installed and now I am trying to go through some coding examples. I mainly just want to use the FFT function calls in the IPP library. I'm trying to compile the following code:

#include

int main(){
Ipp32f src[64] = {0}, dst[64];
IppiFFTSpec_R_32f *spec;
IppStatus status;
src[0] = -3; src[9] = 1;
ippiFFTInitAlloc_R_32f(&spec, 3, 3, IPP_FFT_DIV_INV_BY_N, ippAlgHintAccurate);
status = ippiFFTFwd_RToPack_32f_C1R( src, 8*sizeof(Ipp32f), dst, 8*sizeof(Ipp32f), spec, 0 );
ippiFFTFree_R_32f( spec );
return 0;
}

I found it in the documentation on the FFT functions.

I try to run the compiler and get the following erros:

icc main.c
/tmp/icc9MWW88.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text+0x85): undefined reference to `ippiFFTInitAlloc_R_32f'
main.c:(.text+0xa8): undefined reference to `ippiFFTFwd_RToPack_32f_C1R'
main.c:(.text+0xb5): undefined reference to `ippiFFTFree_R_32f'

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps. I've read that all you need to include is the ipp.h file and you should be good to go. I don't know why this is so difficult.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

it seems you did not link with IPP libraries. You can do this explicitely by providing appropriate options to your linker or in case of Intel Compiler you can specify /ipp option at compile time to let compiler do care on this staff. Please check details with compiler documentation as personally I prefer to use explicit settings, so may not aware on all details of /ipp option.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Just for your reference

The KB : How to build IPP application in Linux environment
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-build-ipp-application-in-linux-environment/
may address your question.

Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos