Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Old new license

Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi all,

My question is quite unusual,

2 years ago I asked our management for IPP license specially for my PC, but I received negative answer.
Yesterday I received a message from our IT department that IPP license for me has been bought...   But it appeared that they did it one year ago (08.2014) and forgot about it successfully.
As a result we have Intel license (*.lic file) for Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Windows from 08.2014.
I'd like to enable this license.

My questions are:

1. Is it necessary to install Intel Parallel Studio XE from 08.2014 or I can install any version that provided by Intel web-site?
2. If Intel will produce the next version of IPP (may be IPP 10.0), will it be possible to update IPP with our license or it will require a purchase of a new license?

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Roman,

Thank you for using Intel Parallel Studio,

please refer the answers below.

1) You can download products that came out while your license was valid. Please go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/ and check which version is available with your Serial Number. You can download and use them even after expiration of your license.

2) Upgrade will require a new purchase.

Thank you!

Jon

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi Jon,

Thank you for useful information, I have one more question.
If our license is still valid and Intel makes a new version of Intel Parallel Studio, is it necessary to uninstall old version before installation of new version?

Best regards,
Roman

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Roman,

that wouldn't be necessary for every component of Intel Parallel Studio but there might be some parts that new features must replace old features.

You can customize your installation choosing specific components you want to install. I am pretty sure different versions of libraries can coexist but profilers and the IDE integration should be replaced with the new ones.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

JON J K. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Roman,

that wouldn't be necessary for every component of Intel Parallel Studio but there might be some parts that new features must replace old features.

You can customize your installation choosing specific components you want to install. I am pretty sure different versions of libraries can coexist but profilers and the IDE integration should be replaced with the new ones.

Thank you

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reply, but my question was much more simpler.

We don't need different component versions to coexist. We need just to substitute old version of Intel Parallel Studio with new version.
Is it possible just to install new version of Intel Parallel Studio over old version or we need to uninstall old version and install new version?

Best regards,
Roman

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Roman,

It is possible to install a new version over an old version.

Thank you :)

0 Kudos