Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

OpenCV and IPP v6.0 and OpenMP compatibility

Cem
Beginner

OpenCV cxcore library loads the mkl_p4.dll RTL which requires the older OpenMP RTL, the libguide40.dll. Since I've installed IPP v6.0 and Intel C v11.0 which use the new version of OpenMP RTL, libiomp5.dll, OpenCV application can not load the necessary RTL modules. How can I prevent OpenCV loading the earlier version of OpenMP RTL, libguide40.dll and force the new one, libiomp5.dll ?

Regards
Cem

0 Kudos
2 Replies
matthieu_darbois
New Contributor III
Quoting - Cem

OpenCV cxcore library loads the mkl_p4.dll RTL which requires the older OpenMP RTL, the libguide40.dll. Since I've installed IPP v6.0 and Intel C v11.0 which use the new version of OpenMP RTL, libiomp5.dll, OpenCV application can not load the necessary RTL modules. How can I prevent OpenCV loading the earlier version of OpenMP RTL, libguide40.dll and force the new one, libiomp5.dll ?

Regards
Cem

Hi Cem,

First of all, if you use precompiled binaries for OpenCV, you should know that they were compiled with OpenMP support using libguide40 (this may have changed since the time I checked this out).

If you are compiling openCV yourself then you should modify the file cxswitcher.cpp to check what optimized modules to load depending on the currently loaded openMP library.

Regards,

Matthieu

PS : what version of mkl are you using, mine is not showing any dependencies to libguide40

0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
You may visit this article where addressed this issue:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opm-abort-initializing-libguide40dll/

Thanks,
Ying
0 Kudos