Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Q. regarding DMIP based design

siddy
Beginner

Hi all,

I have been recently looking at and experimenting with DMIP, and I have a basic question:

Suppose my task is to extract 2 columns from an Image, and add them. This I would like to do in a loop, for a different

image each time, but same column index.

It is easy to write a graph for this.

However, if using DMIP, after the source node that stores the image,

1) what node type should I use for the columns?

2) Can I overload the "add" to operate on columns?

Further, in the "classical IPP" based thinking, I would have used the GetRow/Columns for the line extraction, and ippsAdd variants for the

additions. Do I still use these, or I can use the loop based C-style summation and colums extraction, and rely on DMIP to substitute with an appropriate code?

Thanks,

Sid.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Sid,

By "columns" do you mean real pixel-wide column or sub-picture of specific width and whole image height ? DMIP is  generally oriented on processing images by horizontal slices. This kind of operations better uses CPU cache.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Suppose my task is to extract 2 columns from an Image, and add them... You could transpose the source image and addition of two rows ( formely columns ) will be significantly easier and faster.
0 Kudos