Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Resize without interpolation

cultzero
Beginner
Hi! Is there any way to implement resizing of image without any interpolation, or in other words with zero-padding interpolation. I'l try to explain. If we have original image I1(x,y) then the resulting image would be I2(Sx*x,Sy*y)=I1(x,y) and zero for other pixels of resulting image, and Sx,Sy are scale coefficients, something like that. Or maby there is way to add one more interpolation option to IppiResize function?. I need it to implement Undecimated Wavelet Transform.Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

you can use ippsSampleUp and ippsSampleDown functions for image rows. Vertical resampling can be done through n-row periodical decimation.

Note, there is wavelet functions in IPP, please see manual for more details.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
cultzero
Beginner
Hello now I understood how to do it. I didn't thought that I can use IPPs functions for image, but now I understand that I can. Thanks a lot. About note: I'm using wavelet functions in Ippi domain, but I need to sample up result of ippiWTFwd_32f_C1R since I'm implementing undecimated wavelet transform. Thanks again.
0 Kudos