Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Rules for Posting Product Announcements

jaylord
Beginner
I've been working on a new library of functions called the Math eXtension Library (or MXLib)that uses IPP and I think this forum is the perfect place to announce it (once it's ready next month). I don't want to break some forum rule and get the guys at Intel mad at me.

Basically it's a C++ wrapper around IPP that uses a MatLab-ish syntax and tries to match MatLab results as close as possible. I know this sounds like OpenCV, but there's a difference. A lot/most researchers develop their algorithms using MatLab but when it comes time to move on to prototyping and product development they have to translate the code to C/C++. Even a library like OpenCV or IT++ can be intimidating to someone who is not a full-time C++ developer and getting the results to match your MatLab code can be difficult and time consuming. Usually you end uppaying some developer (like me) a lot of money (yeah!) to do the translation for you. I'm getting tired of re-doing the same stuff over and over again for different employers so I'm developing my own free GPL library to do this. For a lot of MatLab code you can basically copy the code from the MatLab editor, paste it intoyour C++editor, add the object instantiations, code around a relatively few things that aresupported by MatLab syntax but not C++ ( i.e. x(:, 1:10) becomes x( ALL, 1, 10) ) and hit build.

Anyway, is it okay to announce the library here when it's ready?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Naveen_G_Intel
Employee

Our terms of use state:

Use Terms

Personal Non-Commercial Use:This Web Site is for personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specified or as provided in these Terms, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Materials.

No Unlawful or Prohibited Use:You agree that you will not use the Web Sites or Material for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Use. You may not:

7. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;

To get complete information,

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html

Regards,

Naveen Gv

0 Kudos