Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Sample MPEG2 Encoder Problem

merb137
Beginner

I've been playing around with the sample mpeg2 encoder provided with the IPP 5.1 samples and I'm seeing a weird thing. If I compile the sample code (umc_video_enc_con) and codec in debug mode (_DEBUG instead of NDEBUG), then an assertion is thrown from line 149 in umc_mpeg2_enc_me.h. Ignoring the assertion cause the debugger todetect a corrupted heap a few lines later (line 160).

When I build in release mode, everything runs fine and a correct mpeg file is produced. Has anyone else seen this problem and know of a solution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

thanks for informing about that issue, we will check the codec. Could you also specify what parameters did you use for your test? Might be you specified too many frames (which were not available in input YUV file)?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Leonid_K_Intel
Employee

In umc_mpeg2_enc_me.h in lines 157-158:

me_matrix_w = limit_right + 0 - limit_left;
me_matrix_h = limit_bottom + 0 - limit_top;

try to change 0 to 1. If it doesn't help, please provide us command line parameters and par-file. Is it always happening? I mean with different parameters, like frame size, search ranges, GOP structure?

Thanks

0 Kudos