Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6729 Discussions

Trying to compile code that worked using icc 19.0.4.243 with icc 2021.6.0

Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

We have code that compiles with version 19.0.4.243 of icc but when we use version 2021.6.0 we have the following issues ...

ippsSHA256Init -- gets warning #1786, that it's obsolete

IppBitSupplier -- is undefined in ippcp.h

I've been searching for both of these issues and have yet to find the solutions. I saw a previous post about IppBitSupplier but that did not help. Is there a simple way to port the legacy code from version 19.0.4.243 to version 2021.6.0?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

The API ippsSHA256Init is deprecated and will be removed in one of future releases of IPPCP.

We request you to try with ippsHashInit_rmf * instead of ippsSHA256Init.

Please refer to the below link for more details.

https://github.com/intel/ipp-crypto/blob/develop/DEPRECATION_NOTES.md

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/ipp-crypto/developer-reference/2022-2/hashinit.html

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please provide us with a sample reproducer code (steps if any)so that we can try it from our end?

Also please provide us with below details:

IPPCP version

OS details

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

OS - Centos 7.9

IPPCP - 2021.6.0, as stated above

It's difficult for me to get a code snippet but here's one of the lines that produces the obsolete code warning ...

ippsSHA256Init(hndl->sha256Ctx);

And these are two of the lines that refer to the IppBitSupplier problem ...

The compile errors flag the lines in our source code that have the includes for ippcpdefs.h and ippcp.h

oneapi/ippcp/2021.6.0/include/ippcpdefs.h(588):  error:  expecting ")" typdef IppStatus(IPP_CALL *IppBitSupplier) (Ipp32u* prand, int bits, void* params);

oneapi/ippcp/2021.6.0/include/ippcp.h(776):  error:  identifier "IppBitSupplier" is undefined IPPAPI(IppStatus, IppsPrimeGen, (..., IppBitSupplier rndFunc, ...))

Let me know if you need any more info, thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

Is anyone looking into this?????

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

The API ippsSHA256Init is deprecated and will be removed in one of future releases of IPPCP.

We request you to try with ippsHashInit_rmf * instead of ippsSHA256Init.

Please refer to the below link for more details.

https://github.com/intel/ipp-crypto/blob/develop/DEPRECATION_NOTES.md

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/ipp-crypto/developer-reference/2022-2/hashinit.html

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

Thanks for that, I'll try it and let you know how it works!!!

0 Kudos
Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

OK, so this fixed all of my ippsSHA256 calls, thanks for that!!!!

I still have the IppBitSupplier issue. Any idea where/how this is supposed to be defined? I search all of the oneapi directory but don't find a definition for this. Is there some kind of add-on library or include files? What am I missing?

Thanks,

-Stephen

0 Kudos
Cpt_Sacco
Beginner

So I was able to take care of the IppBitSupplier issue by just commenting out the lines where they were being used in the header files included with this version of the oneapi, and that seemed to fix that issue. We don't use those functions anyway.

Thanks,

-Stephen

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution and Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread, if you need any additional information, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos