Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

UMC::MJPEGVideoDecoder progressive JPEG

selea
Beginner
Hi, I have a problem decoding a JPEG with theMJPEGVideoDecoder. When I try to decode the image I got always the UMC_ERR_INVALID_PARAMS error. Has theMJPEGVideoDecoder some kind of limit about the types of JPEG image decodable? or I'm missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

Although the UMC MJPEG codec share almost the same JPEG codec found in UIC but UMC JPEG codec implementation was customized to correspond OpenDML AVI File Format Extensions. The usage of JPEG compression in AVI file format is limited by baseline DCT based compression for 4:2:2 YUV data.
For still images I would recommend you to consider IPP UIC sample.

Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

Although the UMC MJPEG codec share almost the same JPEG codec found in UIC but UMC JPEG codec implementation was customized to correspond OpenDML AVI File Format Extensions. The usage of JPEG compression in AVI file format is limited by baseline DCT based compression for 4:2:2 YUV data.
For still images I would recommend you to consider IPP UIC sample.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
selea
Beginner
Thankyou I create a 4:2:2 baseline DCT JPEG and I can decode it without problem.
Regards
0 Kudos