Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception 0xC00002B5 in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR with unmasked _EM_DENORMAL

Hello,

I'm getting "Unhandled exception 0xC00002B5: Multiple floating point traps" in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR in some cases when _EM_DENORMAL flag in floating-point control word is unmasked.

Default floating-point control word for my system is 0x0009001f, and all works fine for it. But when _EM_DENORMAL flag is down, i.e. for floating-point control word equal to 0x0001001f, I have accidental crashes in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR.

According to IPP Reference manual for ippiLUT_32f_C1IR, "Number of level and intensity values is less than nLevels by one". That's how I usually use it, and that's when crash happens. However, if I provide pLevels and pValues arrays with number of values increased to nLevels, no crash happens.

IPP version 7.0.205
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Windows 7 x64
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Mikhail,

It looks the control flag influence the internal computing in thefunction.Could you please attach a small test case which can help to reproduce the problem?

Thanks
Ying

It will take some amount of time to extract this from our big project which we do not have at a moment. Please, consider the similar problem I've described here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=101936&o=a&s=lr

I uploaded binary dump of an image, causing crash in that case.