Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6712 Discussions

Unhandled exception 0xC00002B5 in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR with unmasked _EM_DENORMAL

Mikhail_Matrosov
Hello,

I'm getting "Unhandled exception 0xC00002B5: Multiple floating point traps" in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR in some cases when _EM_DENORMAL flag in floating-point control word is unmasked.

Default floating-point control word for my system is 0x0009001f, and all works fine for it. But when _EM_DENORMAL flag is down, i.e. for floating-point control word equal to 0x0001001f, I have accidental crashes in ippiLUT_32f_C1IR.

According to IPP Reference manual for ippiLUT_32f_C1IR, "Number of level and intensity values is less than nLevels by one". That's how I usually use it, and that's when crash happens. However, if I provide pLevels and pValues arrays with number of values increased to nLevels, no crash happens.

IPP version 7.0.205
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Windows 7 x64
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello Mikhail,

It looks the control flag influence the internal computing in thefunction.Could you please attach a small test case which can help to reproduce the problem?

Thanks
Ying
0 Kudos
Mikhail_Matrosov
It will take some amount of time to extract this from our big project which we do not have at a moment. Please, consider the similar problem I've described here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=101936&o=a&s=lr

I uploaded binary dump of an image, causing crash in that case.
0 Kudos