Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

[Urgent] Can not build program when Floating License is expired

Hung_N_
Beginner

Sorry to make my problem so noisy. I'm currently in an urgent case.

I had bought a Floating License for 5 user (IPP XE 2013 SP1 update 3). The registration screen notice that my license is expired on 27 Jun 15. But I think the expiration affects only the "Support Status" , doesn't it ? Since I do not have any demain on downloading to latest version or newer than IPP XE 2013 SP1 update 3, is it ok for me to keep building source code with just my currently version ? or I need to renew my license (i don't think so :(  )

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi,

as I know floating license affects not only Premier Support but Intel C++ Compiler. If you build your source with Intel C++ compiler it could block the building process...but usually it happens immediately after license expiration...your situation looks very strange...

Best regards,
Roman

0 Kudos
Hung_N_
Beginner

Is that so ?

@Roman: Can anyone of Intel confirm this ? or Where can i see more information about this ? I have to prove with my customer then I need some official information :( 

Note: I didn't even notice about the expiration, since we have completed the product before the time of expiration. This time is for maintenance :( 

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Hung,

You should be able to continuing build and use IPP with the version up to your expiration date. You just won't be able to update to any newer version and won't get premier support with your old license. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Hung_N_
Beginner

Hi Shao

I see. But when i use the license file to re-setup License Manager. the prompt said that my license is not valid.

And now, i'm stuck with this license, my license manager is not running to do anything :( 

Is there any thing i can do ? 

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hung,   has the problem resolved for you?   We have a dedicated forum that can help you with license/Serial Number for installation. 
You can post a few detail here:  
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-products-download-registration-licensing

btw, it looks you are using a pretty old version of IPP libraries,  any plan to move to the new IPP release?  The optimization to the new platforms are added into the newer releases. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos