Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Usage of IPP sample code for Speech coding

email_srikar
Beginner
Hi,

I am new to Intel IPP. I want to use the speech coding USC sample code for encoding and decoding from AMR to G729 and vice versa.

Could any one can tell me that whether can I use the sample code of Speech coding directly in my application, i.e.whether the sample code of speech coding are themseves capable for encoding decoding , or those are just samples describing just the usage of Intel IPP for encoding and decoding.

Please respond.

Best Regards,
Srikar

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello Srikar,

IPP Speech codec sample is implementation of several speech codecs with optimization through IPP calls. From one hand, this sample shows you how to implement speech codec with IPP functions and from other hand you can integrate that code into your application.

Did you take a look on sample itself?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
ligoban
Beginner

You can use the samples as an example. It will take you some time to understand the whole idea and create your own application. You should better read the HTML file in the speech coding samples directory that describes the USC interface and types.

To convert speech from AMR to G.729 you are supposed to use AMR<->slin vocoder and G.729<->slin vocoder, so the path is following: G.729<->slin<->AMR.

If you will have any questions about it - write me via ICQ: 266183013

or mail me: pseudor@yandex.ru

It is interesting to share experience.

0 Kudos