Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Usage of different IPP versions. Is it possible?

Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi all!

I use IPP 7.1 in my project.

Everything was fine before one of customers installed our application on PC with application of other vendor. This old application uses Intel Open MP.

Unfortunately dynamic-linking version of IPP uses Open MP too.

So we have 2 different versions of libiomp5md.dll inside PC.

Is it possible to set for IPP correct location of libiomp5md.dll inside C++ code file (without Control Panel settings modification)?

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello Roman,

Where is your  libiomp5md.dll is located?  Here the Windows DLL search orders:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

so, make sure the correct  libiomp5md.dll is located for your application, you can put it into the same directory, which will be located first. 

Regards,
Chao

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hello Chao,

Thank you for your link.

We placed IPP 7.1 DLLs and  libiomp5md.dll (a part of IPP package) in some directory and wrote its location in PATH system variable.

Unfortunately very old application of other vendor placed different version of libiomp5md.dll in Windows\System32.

Windows\System32 is also inside PATH variable, but of course BEFORE path to IPP DLLs.

That's why our application loaded wrong copy of libiomp5md.dll.

Have I got right information, that placement of IPP DLLs in the same directory with application is the only way to load correct copy of  libiomp5md.dll?

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos