Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Using Both IPP and OpenCV together

wen-how-sim
Beginner
Dear Expert,
I would like to ask is it possible i use both IPP7.0 library and OpenCV library together? What i mean is seperately. Example:
cvSize(A->Width, A->Height);
&
IppiSize size = { A->width, A->height };
Can both of this run together in a same project or .cpp file?
Will it have some conflict?
Hope to get your reply soon.
Regards,
Wen How
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Wen How,

General speaking, yes, it is fine to use IPP and OpenCV library together in a sample project or *.cpp file.
Both of them can be used independently if latest OpenCV version (i.e OpenCV 2.1.0 default build without USE_IPP option. )

You may find some sample code and discussion from Using Intel IPP with OpenCV
Intel IPP Support Model Changed In OpenCV 2.1
and Intel Ipp - Open Source Computer Vision Library (OpenCV) FAQ

Regards,
Ying

0 Kudos
wen-how-sim
Beginner
Hi Ying,
Generally yes means there is some drawback? Mind to describe more? Is it possible to give me somemore samples as the information is quite limited there.:)
Wen How
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Wen How,

You may find the sample code using IPP and OpenCVin the article.

Using Intel IPP with OpenCV

If you are using OpenCV default installation, both IPP and OpenCVare independent, there is not confilct.

If you build OpenCV with USE_IPP , then use the Built_in_IPP OpenCV and IPP together, in general, it is not problem too.

But it is strongly recommended to use same version and dynamic version of IPP.

for example, youbuild OpenCV withstatic IPP 6.1, then link the OpenCV library and IPP 7.0 dynamic library. There may bepotiential problem, like which oneisrunning at run-time?

Regards,
Ying
0 Kudos