Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Using zlib data compression?

dom_beau
Beginner

Hello!

We previously used zlib 1.2.3 library for our software. We are now updating this lib and I'm considering switching to the ipp interface. But I don't know how to deal with it. 

1. In the doc, it is written that we can switch from the zlib to the ipp_zlip without any change in the code (?)
  2. I cannot find any header file with declaration for function like, say, gzopen().
  3. But, I can find the gzopen() function in the .exp file. I hope I don't have to do a GetProcAddress() for these functions?
  4. I cannot find any sample code.There are only executables.

Any hint for me? I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to proceed. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dom_beau
Beginner

Note: I'm using ICC 13.0.1207.11 (update 3) within Visual Studio 2012 update 2

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

This is Intel C++ compiler forum and try to get help on IPP forum or on Zlib forum.

0 Kudos
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Something's wrong with the forum. I don't see the last message. Only subscribe e-mails.

Are you asking about 'gzwopen'? What's it? I don't see such function in 1.2.8 and 1.2.3.

Regarding installing 1.2.8 headers, as far as i see from IPP zlib sources, they are based on zlib 1.2.5. So, you better stay within limits of 1.2.5. No functionality, additional to 1.2.5, is checked.

Regards,
Sergey 

0 Kudos
dom_beau
Beginner

Hello Sergey,

Actually, gzwopen() is an additional function added localy so don't care about it. It was just added some years before I start working for the company. In 1.2.8, I will have to use gzopen_w() I think so.

0 Kudos