Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

VS2008 C# - System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'ippm-7.0.dll': The specified module could not be found.

aaroneous
Beginner
Using VS2008, Vista, C#. Cannot get around this error.

1) I've put the ippm-7.0.dll file in my \\debug folder.

2) I ran the 'compilervars.bat' as suggested in another thread:

C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin>compilervars.bat ia32 vs2008
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 Update 1
Copyright (C) 1985-2010 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 2 (package 154)
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.

3) I checked my env variables:

C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin\\ia32;
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\redist\\ia32\\compiler;
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\redist\\ia32\\mpirt;

I did note that the ia32 folder at C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin\\ia32; didn't exist so I created it and copied all the C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\ipp\\bin\\ia32\\*.dll there.

4) I copied Ipp*.dll To C:\\Windows\\System32 as suggtested by the Geting Started/Checking Installation guide.

5) Rebooted

6) Reinstalled (w_ipp_7.0.2.154_ia32.exe)

I noted that after the re-install the env variable changed to C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\redist\\ippa32; which is what I would have expected as that is where the ipp*.dll files are at.

7) Re-ran the 'compilervars.bat'.

Env variables changed to match as in step 3)

C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\bin\\ia32;
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\redist\\ia32\\compiler;
C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\ComposerXE-2011\\redist\\ia32\\mpirt;

Still no go....

Whats going on?

thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

ippm-7.0.dll is DLL dispatcher, which in truns will look for cpu-specific DLLs. Did you also put all (or at least relevant for your cpu) DLLs together with dispatcher?

Vladimir
0 Kudos
aaroneous
Beginner
Yes, I tried putting all the ipp*.dlls from ia32 into my \debug folder.

I also copied the app to another machine with the appropriate ipp dlls (ippm*.dll) I get the same "specified module could not be found" error. Then copying the ippcore-7.0.dll to the other machine I get diferent error:

Unable to load DLL 'ippm-7.0.dll': The operating system cannot run.

This would indicate the root problem on my machine is that it can't find the ippcore-7.0.dll even though its been put everywhere I know to put it.

thanks,
aaron
0 Kudos
aaroneous
Beginner
Seems that "libiomp5md.dll" was the key dll to have for whatever reason. Anybody know why this one would be necessary? (I found it in the ipp\demo\ia32 folder)
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

libiomp5md.dll is OpenMP runtime library. Many IPP functions are internally threaded with OpenMP for performance, and IPP DLLs function also depends on this libiomp5md.dll.

Also please also include the compiler runtime libraries, which may be needed by the application. (\redist\ia32(intel64)\compiler\)

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos