Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

Web download of IPP libraries keeps getting interrupted

arun_r_
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to narrow down an annoying problem related to download of IPP libraries.

I am trying to download the IPP for Windows (community edition) library installer over the web. However, the download keeps getting interrupted every 30 seconds and the download rate keeps going to zero. It starts after sometime and continues for a while, but then stops again. This continues for quite some time until the download fully stops before completing.

I have faced this problem when I downloaded the installer from Intel earlier as well. I checked with my ISP - I don't seem to be having the problem downloading from other sites (Youtube, MSDN, Qt, etc.). My download speed max is approximately 2 Mbps and I am based in India, if that matters. 

Do you have any suggestions how to get around this download issue? Is there any other way that I can reliably get a binary installer of IPP? 

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Arun,

I checked your license, it shows "SystemLocked". I will find out if that's the reason that causing you trouble. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Arun,

I checked with our license team. SystemLocked license just means that a distinctive license is combined with each individual system, which should not affect your download. Can you also check your firewall settings? Is there any restriction on your firewall? Can you open this page https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2558&licensetype=2? Thanks!

0 Kudos
arun_r_
Beginner

Hi Shaojuan,

Thanks for your response.

Can you open this page https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2558&licensetype=2? Thanks!

Yes, I can open the page without any issues.

I managed to complete the download of the file by clicking the "resume" button on my browser's (Google Chrome) download page several times whenever the download failed. So right now this is not a huge problem for me, but it definitely was frustrating to babysit the download process and took me the better part of a day. I would have suspected this was a one-off thing, but I distinctly recall running into this issue with IPP libraries download a few months ago as well.

At any rate, I hope the next time I have to download it the planets will align just right and it'll be a more pleasant experience!

Edit: I had windows firewall turned on, but nothing in there should have blocked a normal web transfer from Intel.

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos