Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

audio-video-codec sample missing vm_strings.h?

Kevin_S_2
Beginner

Hello,

I just downloaded the IPP-7.1.1.013 code samples and ran "perl build.pl --cmake=audio-video-codecs,intel64,vc2010,s,st,release". As expected, it produced a solution file for Visual Studio 2010. However, when I try to build the solution, I get 140 errors of "error : cannot open source file "vm_strings.h" ". Am I missing some step in building the solution that adds in this header file?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
HI Kevin, I just try the exact command as yours and build the Visul studio 2010 X64, both release verson and debug version. Everything seems run fine. As you know, the vm_strings.h is in vm project and it's location is w_ipp-samples_p_7.1.1.013\ipp-samples.7.1.1.013\sources\audio-video-codecs\core\vm\include The "error : cannot open source file "vm_strings.h", seems the solution miss add vm_strings.h in his header files. Could you please open the vm project's property and check Command line and see if the include path are added or not? for example, the configuration in my project as below, (attach the screencopy) /I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Composer XE 2013/ipp/include" /I"C:/Users/yhu5/Desktop/7.1/w_ipp-samples_p_7.1.1.013/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/sources/audio-video-codecs/core/vm/include" /W3 /WX- /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "INTEL64" /D "WINDOWS" /D "_SBCS" /D "_WIN32" /D "_WIN32_WINNT=0x501" /D "WIN64" /D "_WIN64" /D "_CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS" /D "VM_AFFINITY_ENABLED" /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"release\"" /Gm- /MD /GS /fp:fast /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"vm.dir\release\vm.pch" /Fa"release" /Fo"vm.dir\release\" /Fd"C:/Users/yhu5/Desktop/7.1/w_ipp-samples_p_7.1.1.013/ipp-samples.7.1.1.013/__cmake/audio-video-codecs.intel64.vc2010.s.st/__lib/release/vm.pdb" /Gd /TC /Zl /errorReport:queue Best Regards, Ying
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi everybody, >>...get 140 errors of "error : cannot open source file "vm_strings.h"... I simply wanted to add that it doesn't mean vm_strings.h header file is missing in installation and it means that C++ compiler can not find it. Please try to search your installation folder in order to verify that vm_strings.h is present ( exists ).
0 Kudos