Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile ipp-samples on windows with debug info

Hello,
is there a way to compile a "debug" version of ipp-samples (libspeech most notably) with debug symbols with VS2008 (and 2010)?
if i compile the samples with build_ia32.bat cl9 i get only a "release" version
thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Francesco,

Try to modify "Makefile" for the project(s). There should be line "CFLAGS = ...". Find "/O2" in this line and change it to "/Od /Zi", or to "/O2 /Zi" if you need to keep optimization and add debug information to optimized code.
Then, add "/DEBUG" to "LINK_CMD" line. Rebuild the sample with "build_ia32.bat cl9" command.
You should get debug-ability finally.

Regards,
Sergey

Hi Sergey,
thanks for your answer, now i have a .lib with debugging info, however it did not create any vc90.pdb file (that is usually created when compiling in "debug" from VS) is that, somehow, included in the .lib?
thanks
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

VC90.pdb? I used to think, that it must be .pdb, where debug information is stored. I've done the following (speech samples make file from some of 7.0 samples):
Makefile:line 64: CFLAGS = /W4 /Od /Zi $(M_FLAG) /EHsc /GS /c
Makefile:line 152:LINK_CMD = $(LINK32) $(LINK_MOD) $(SYBSYSTEM_MODE) $(ADD_LINK_OPT) /DEBUG /nodefaultlib:"libcmt.lib" \
As a result I've got 5 exe files + 5 corresponding pdb files in samples' output _bin directory. I believe that's what we need for debugging. VS debugger works on that executables.
Regards,
Sergey