Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

error: LNK2019 unresolved external symbol

codiebank
Beginner
Hi,

I have to use the speech codecs(g711) in my c# code.I have downloaded the code from speech codecs froim intel IPP samples.As i have to use the code in c# codes i tried adding the code in VC++ so that i can make the dll and use it directly
,as per the steps given on this forum only.
I am not able to build the project and it is giving the following errors:
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _apiG729Decoder_Alloc referenced in function _DecoderObjSize decg711.obj G711cpp

2.Error 12 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ExpPosNormTbl plcg711.obj G711cpp

Error 15 fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals Debug\G711cpp.exe G711cpp

Any help will be highly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - codiebank
Hi,

I have to use the speech codecs(g711) in my c# code.I have downloaded the code from speech codecs froim intel IPP samples.As i have to use the code in c# codes i tried adding the code in VC++ so that i can make the dll and use it directly
,as per the steps given on this forum only.
I am not able to build the project and it is giving the following errors:
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _apiG729Decoder_Alloc referenced in function _DecoderObjSize decg711.obj G711cpp

2.Error 12 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ExpPosNormTbl plcg711.obj G711cpp

Error 15 fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals DebugG711cpp.exe G711cpp

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hello
In general the message of unresolved external symbol show because the file or library where symbol is implemented is missing.

For example, api729Decoder_Alloc is implemented in decg729.c, which is not in directory g711 , but in directory g729i, so you need include the decg729.c, decg729.h (may more) file in your preject.

if the unresolved external symbol is "_ipp*", then ipp library is missing.
for more details, please refer to

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-intel-ipp-for-windows-lnk2001-unresolved-external-symbol-_ipp

Hope it helps
Regards,
Ying H.
0 Kudos