Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

g.729 question

stas
Beginner
I'd like to send the g.729 bitstream over RTP. As per RFC 3551 the the coded frames should be in big endian. Should I convert the IPP g.729 results (10 or 2 bytes) to big endian or is it already in big endian format?

How is the voice frame (10 bytes) should be converted?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vyacheslav_Baranniko
New Contributor II

IPP G729 encoder producesbitstream frames of all types inRTP payload formats, i.e. big-endian byte ordering.For g729 and other IPP speech codecs in relation to RTPstreaming you may see theIPP sample umc_speech_rtp_codec available since IPP5.3 within speech-codecs sample package.

Thank you for choosing IPP for speech coding.

Vyacheslav (Slava)

0 Kudos
stas
Beginner
Slava,
Do you happan to have the VS2005 workspace for the speech codec example? I tried to compile it with the provided bat file but it failed.
I had the same problem with older IPP and just traced & created the workspace manually. The speech saples seem a bit big for manual workspace creation, so I hope someone has it.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

We do test each IPP sample every IPP release to ensure it can be built and run with supported set of tools and supported set of platforms. What kind of build issues do you have? What IPP version do you use, what is your target platform?

Did you noticed build LOG files after you run sample's build script?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
stas
Beginner
I set the IPPROOT env var and tried to run the build_32.bat file.
I use Windows + VS2005 + ipp5.3

The result of running build_32.bat was 'env.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

0 Kudos